Sunday, May 11, 2008

Religious and incessant other noise - the 18th reminder

The neighbourhood church/es, are as noisy as ever, this morning. They carry on with their noisy services for hours on end and sometimes even continue later in the afternoons with a brief reprieve for a couple of hours after the lunch hour! This is really getting crazy.

I cannot understand the need for these people, to be heard outside their churches, mosques, temples, etc. Why cannot, officialdom, enforce this rule? That all of these 'religious' people confine their respective noises within the walls of their buildings? This, in no way infringes on anybody's right to worship, of course. They can do this without disturbing people in the area.

I definitely do not support the conclusion that some people seem to have jumped to. That I am against religion. I'm all for the freedom of religion. I practice it myself. My bone of contention is the noise that results in the various acts of worship, of every noisy religion, for I know of none that promotes disturbing others. They all preach PEACE, ironically, yet do not practice this.

No comments: