Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Muslims express love for Jesus and Mother Mary

The Muslim Times | AlislamSubscribe
Muslims express love for Jesus and Mother Mary
Epigraph: "Jesus said, 'I am a servant of Allah. He has given me the Book, and made me a Prophet; and He has made me blessed wheresoever I may be, and has enjoined upon me Prayer and almsgiving so long as I live; and He has made me dutiful toward my mother, and He has not made me haughty and unblessed. And peace was on me the day I was born, and peace there will be on me the day I shall die, and the day I shall be raised up to life again.'" (Al Quran 19:31-34) 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

By Laiq Ahmed Atif, President Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, Malta
The world is full of life and human beings are the best of creation. It is also natural that every life will end one day as the Holy Quran very rightly mentions:
Every soul shall taste of death. (Al Quran 3:186)
But some people remain alive after their death and they live in the hearts of millions of people for thousands of years; they rule on the minds and hearts' of millions of people.
The world had seen such influential and remarkable people throughout the human history, but some left unforgettable, impressive and extraordinary marks on the hearts and memories of people.
Moses, Buddha, Krishna, Jesus and Mohammad (peace be upon them all) were among the most influential and extraordinary people of the human history. They gave so much, through out their lives, for the good of mankind.
With the start of December, every year, streets and homes are decorated with colorful lights and designs, and everywhere you can see the colors and trees of Christmas.
Many Companies prepare year long for shopping spree during the holidays.  With celebrations in the air, people rush to markets in December, for their shopping, to select gifts for their family, friends and loved ones. Bazaars become filled with people and public is offered variety of goods to shop.
During Christmas time, many people ask, do the Muslims celebrate Christmas?
The simple answer, which almost every Muslim tries to give, is that the Muslims do not celebrate Christmas like the Christians do.
However, the Muslims do cherish the true message of Jesus and benefit from the teachings and exemplary character of  Jesus Christ, may peace be on him.
The Muslims hold great love, respect and veneration, not only for Jesus but also for his mother, remembering mother Mary as a paragon of virtue and a role model for themselves, as described in the Holy Quran.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Muslim Times' Editorial team: If you like what you see, please forward it to friends and family.  To know more about us: click here.
1-800-WHY-ISLAM (English, Spanish and Bengali)

No comments: