- Power Problems (133)
- Interesting Stuff (94)
- Noise issues (93)
- Water Matters (86)
- Our questionable Council (59)
- Islam - the TRUTH (48)
- Islam and Morals (43)
- Comparative religion....and atheism (39)
- Trees and the Environment (37)
- Human Rights (25)
- In Praise of the Holy Prophet of Islam (23)
- Ugly roads.... (23)
- Kenyan Politics... (17)
- Religion and Science (17)
- Safety first.. (17)
- Telkom Kenya (16)
- Funny (15)
- Kenyan Police (13)
- Islam and the Equality of MAN (12)
- Kenyan Politics...and Politicians (12)
- Postal Services (11)
- Hospitals and Medicines (10)
- services... (9)
- Disability Issues... (7)
- Food (7)
- Fanaticism (5)
- Islamic Banking - a system based on JUSTICE... (5)
- Our so-called e-govt. (5)
- Rights of Women (5)
- Religious Freedom (4)
- The Holy Qur'an (4)
- Creativity Unlimited.... (3)
- Freedom of Speech... (3)
- Health in your hands.. (3)
- Affordable housing (2)
- Environment (2)
- Forgiveness... (2)
- Interesting History... (2)
- The Pope and Christianity (2)
- Islamic Finance (1)
- Jambojet (1)
- Our Mobile (cell-phone) (1)
- Our questionable County (1)
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Oh, my dear Muslims.....
Why is it that you (Muslims), do not follow the teachings of the Holy Qur'an and the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) in your everyday lives?
I know that this above statement will immediately cause consternation among most of you, but, bear with me for a while and I will point out to you some examples, Insha'Allah.
1. Where in Islam does it say that you practice your religion loudly? Meaning, after giving the Adhan for prayers, why do you insist on leading prayers so loudly on the public address system that your neighbours - Muslim and non-Muslim get disturbed?
2. Why do you give the Fajr adhan one hour before the actual time? This was not the practice of the Holy Prophet.
3. And when the neighbourhood (both Muslim & non-Muslim), whom you disturb every single day, 5 times a day tries to request you to reduce the volume of your speakers, you in turn threaten them?
This is also against the environmental laws of our land and when you are told about that, you threaten these people with dire consequences and not to interfere in the practice of your religion!
For your information, and reminder - this behaviour is not the teaching of our beautiful and peaceful religion of Islam.
Don't you read in the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet (pbuh), that we are told not even to say our prayers so loud that it will disturb the person standing next to us in prayers? That we are not to disturb our neighbour (Muslim & non-Muslim), near and far with our actions?
That there is no compulsion in religion - Surah Baqarah verse 256. So, why do you behave like illiterate and violent people? Thereby giving our beautiful religion a bad name?
Does it not bother you?
Again, coming back to the loud leading of prayers in mosques; there are countless mosques all over Coast Province and the country at large where every neighbourhood has not just one but more than one mosque. So, why the need for this noise?
I am a Muslim and get very disturbed when praying at home by our various neighbouhood mosques. Our estate is surrounded by about 4 to 5 of them!
Then, when reciting the Holy Qur'an aloud in this manner (with different mosques reciting different passages of it), there is a cacophony of noise and even if we wanted to listen to one, we could not, as the Holy Qur'an tells us. That when it is being recited we should pay attention and listen to its recitation.
For how can we when every mosque erupts into noise around the same time?
Anyway, it is totally invalid for one to try and follow an Imam from one's home. Therefore, what is the point of this loud leading of prayers? Are you trying to show the rest of the world that you are praying? This would have no meaning in the sight of Allah, if so.
Therefore, we would really appreciate it if you would please, go back to the true teachings of Islam and live and practice this religion peacefully among your various neighbours. You will be blessed by Allah.