Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Recruiting the four Horsemen of Neo-atheism into Cavalry of Islam

The Muslim Times | Alislam
Recruiting the four Horsemen of Neo-atheism into Cavalry of Islam

First something about the big picture, the Christian apologists want to make a case for Christianity based on laws of nature and science, by showing that there ought to be a Transcendent Creator of our universe.  They make this case, in one breath, and in the very next, deny all of science, by insisting on Eucharist, man-God of Jesus, who is not Transcendent, resurrection and miracles that violate laws of nature.

Atheists are right in exposing the irrationality of the Christian dogma. However, the Christians are right in as far as their claim that there needs to be a Creator of this universe, Who employed natural means to do His work. However, both parties in their self-conceit are not listening to how Islam resolves their conflict; Islam as understood by the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community.

In a trilateral discussion between atheists, Christians and Muslims, I believe we can appreciate reality better and come up with better theology, especially if the discussion not only involves the Creator and purpose of the universe, but, also His complete Transcendence, Original Sin and evolution of life on our planet, Trinity and Eucharist.

One of my horsemen, Christopher Hitchens died on December 15, 2011.  My condolences to his family and friends.  From here on any blunt references by me, to my four horsemen, should be considered to the surviving three.



Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, an 1887 painting by Victor Vasnetsov.

Christopher Hitchens, Prof. Daniel Dennett, Sam Harris and Prof. Richard Dawkins have been called the four horsemen of neo-atheism. That is old news! The latest is that I have just recruited them as volunteers for army of Islam; they form my meager cavalry, which will establish the philosophical superiority of Islam over Christianity. They will work hard for every day of their God given life, for the cause of Islam, without any worldly compensation from me.

Every time they make a good case for biological evolution, for common lineage of all life forms on planet earth, they establish the truth of Islam, as opposed to the dogma of Christianity. In my previous writings, I have shown, how evolution, by showing that Adam and Eve were not the first human couple, strikes a death blow to the dogma of Original Sin. I appreciate the clarity of thinking of my cavalry, except in the areas of their blind spots, where they are blinded by their ideology, so I will continue to use their scholarship suitably. With this army of only four, I will fight in all directions, East, West, North and South, by the Grace of Allah.  We will fight not with swords or arrows, not even with pen, just one mouse and a key board, which I bought for twenty dollars of my hard earned money!  My mouse and key board will just properly direct their words.  To make sure that my horsemen do not double cross me and start fighting their own battles, I will need to suitably expose their blind spots of understanding also, so they submit to the will of Allah and continue to serve Islam.  Read on, and watch debates and in the words of Sir Francis Bacon's advice, "Read not to contradict … but to weigh and consider."
It is not politically correct to condemn Deism, after all it was the religion of the Founding Fathers of USA and of the celebrated Albert Einstein.  In God Delusion, one of my horsemen, Prof. Richard Dawkins applauds the religion of Einstein and in a debate with Prof. John Lennox, says that a plausible case could be made for a Deist's God.  But, when it comes to Theism of Christianity and Islam, my horsemen use a broad brush and condemn both equally, without realizing that Islam is much closer to Deism than Christianity.  I have examined this in one of my articles, Islamic theology starts with Deism: Why all Christians and atheists should be Muslims? 
My horsemen pick up weaknesses in Christianity and without evidence or knowledge attribute them to Islam also, purely on ideological grounds.  Even when their criticism of Islam is correct, it usually applies only to the Muslims of a particular sect and only exposes their ignorance and their lack of rigorous scholarship about different schools and sects of Islam.
Never mind atheism, even Deism does not have a chance of winning ideology battles.  My horsemen do not fully appreciate the human psychological need for consolation.  They can use belittling labels for this need or vulnerability but they cannot wish it away.  President Thomas Jefferson predicted victory of Deism over Trinitarian Christianity two centuries ago but his predictions did not come true!  Why?  I believe it was precisely due to human need to be consoled and only a Personal God can offer that platform.  Additionally, it also stemmed from basic human craving to associate with fellow humans as equals, in rather democratic institutions like mosques and churches, rather than worshiping a few intellectual elites, who preach atheism for the sake of their personal egos.
This collection is also an invitation to the atheists to consider the distinct possibility that they may have to live with some form of Theism for centuries to come. So, why do they not spend some of their time and scholarship, directly without my help, in trying to tease out different forms of Theism and get to have a say in what form of Theism, they may end up sharing the planet with? After all, according to a recent survey only ten percent of Americans are satisfied with atheistic explanation of life on our planet. If the approval rating of a political candidate was 10%, we will not honor him or her with a second look!
I have a very simple, yet elegant perspective, which is that a genuine study of atheism and Christianity proves Islam! It may seem an extraordinary claim to some, but it is true and I am willing to provide extraordinary evidence to establish the claim. My 400 articles and different collections here and related websites, substantiate my claim from one angle or the other. I want to thank both my cavalry and my Christian sources for making my life so easy! My work would not have been possible before the internet revolution, so thanks to everyone, who contributed to this effort in one form or the other. And above all thanks to Allah for giving me and my horsemen this opportunity!
Now, as I discuss their work individually, let me drop my analogy of horsemen and cavalry and treat them with the fullest respect that they deserve for their excellent scholarship.  I thank them for the wonderful contributions they have made, in helping me, articulate my ideas and thoughts.
Let me continue on a note of agreement with Prof. Daniel Dennett of Tuft's University.  I fully agree with his proposal to teach all religions in a neutral manner in all public schools, just the facts about them without arguing about their truth or lack there of.
In the following talk, however, he predicts a grand future for atheism, towards the end of the video, half jokingly suggests that the Vatican may become the European museum of Catholicism in decades to come and Kaaba may become Disney magic kingdom of Allah. God Forbid!
To read further and watch several debates, click here.

--
'One learned man is harder on the devil than a thousand ignorant worshipers': Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

No comments: